>> Saturday, February 27, 2010
WOW mom, look at us grow!
We are just over one week old. A lot has happened in that week. I’ve heard a lot of nice comments (and one negative almost stalker) and a few suggestions. The suggestions are welcomed and have been acted upon as best as possible to better the site.
- We’ve added 30 crafters to the site.
- We have a Give Away feature where you can list your give-aways using McLinky.
- We’ve had interest from crafters outside the US. With enough interest, I could see additional continents being added. Right now they “float” in the water area due to software restrictions.
- Put in place the format to promote a featured blogger.
- Started to advertise the site and receive advertisements.
- Gained 32 facebook followers. (link box to the right)
- Gained 13 Networked Blog followers. (link box at the bottom)
- Started a Twitter page. http://twitter.com/thecraftmap
Things to look for in the future:
- A featured blog give-away. (each week? Each month?)
- A featured blogger. – the first one coming soon!
- More blog lists – if you have any ideas, let me know. In place are an Etsy and Artfire list as well as an instruction list.
Things you can do:
- Promote The Craft Map to your fellow crafters.
- Join the groups at Facebook, Networked Blog, and Twitter.
- Drop me a note or make a suggestion.
- Let me know if The Craft Map has generated any page views for you.
- Visit the resources page; these links help support the site.
I will continue to work hard for you promoting The Craft Map. As I have said, I thought this was a good idea and one I thought the craft community could use. When I started The Craft Map I had no idea how it would be received, I have been blessed with the initial turn out. My hope is that it continues to grow and is a benefit to you all.